We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please click my disclosure policy to learn more.
Disney World in fall can be one of the best times of the year to plan a trip. However, it isn’t without some downsides. This post is your one stop shop for all things to do in the fall at Disney World.
As I’m updating this, we don’t have all the details of what to expect this fall. Other than the start of Disney’s 50th Anniversary celebration, that is. Disney will reveal more details as the fall gets closer and I’ll update this post accordingly.
Disney World in Fall Overview
Fall at Disney World is everything people have come to love about fall, magnified by 100. You’ll find autumn colors, pumpkin decorations, pumpkin spice foods, cooler weather (I mean, cooler than a Florida summer at least), and more.
And of course, all of this is done with a flare that only Disney World can provide. Because adding a Disney theme to those fall decorations is guaranteed to make it better.
What to Expect at Disney for Fall 2021
It looks like there is some return to normalcy for Disney World this fall. There is a Halloween party type event, fireworks have returned to two of the parks, face mask restrictions are pretty much non-existent at this point, and so on.
But the biggest thing to happen during fall in Disney World this year is the beginning of Disney’s 50th anniversary celebration. This will have an impact on pretty much every aspect of any fall vacations to Disney this year.
Of utmost importance to understand, this will drives crowds up pretty high. So if you want to go to Disney this fall, make sure you are mentally prepared to deal with larger than normal crowds. Especially in and around October 1.
Why is fall a great time to go to Disney World?
In terms of weather and special activities, fall is a great time to go. In fact, certain parts of the fall are considered some of the best times to go to Disney World.
The weather in October and early November is simply sublime, some of the best of the year. Temperatures range in the 70s and 80s with lower humidity. And best of all? The rain of the summer season is a thing of the past.
The fall themed decorations and events are the cherry on top of this amazing sundae.
After the past year, it remains to be seen just what Disney World in fall 2021 will look like. While things are not quite back to “normal” yet, there are more and more offerings. This fall should be no different.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
In 2020, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party was cancelled. Considering the level of restriction going on at the time, this wasn’t surprising. However, in 2021, MNSSHP is STILL not in the cards.
However, all is not lost. At least in 2021, Disney is offering an alternate event to celebrate Disney World in fall…
Disney After Hours Boo Bash
Instead of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party in 2021, we have Disney After Hours Boo Bash. This is a brand new party, but it does take its form from the other Disney After Hours parties.
I’ve put together a guide to Disney After Hours Boo Bash with all of the information we have so far.
It looks like it should be a fun addition to the fall season at Disney World, but it does come with a pretty giant price tag. For that price you get complimentary ice cream, popcorn, bottled beverages, character appearances, treat station, character cavalcades, and more.
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is one of the biggest draws for going to Disney World in the fall. Arguably the most popular of all the Epcot festivals, it now spans a longer amount of time.
This year, Food and Wine runs from July 15, 2021 through November 20, 2021. There will be the famous global marketplaces, live entertainment, scavenger hunts and more.
The Eat to the Beat concert still won’t return, but there will be some live performances on the stage in the American pavilion. Also, there’s still no word on the usual upcharge events and tours.
Check out all the details about the event over on my Epcot Food and Wine Festival page.
Disney 50th Anniversary Celebration
Again, this is an area that Disney’s been feeding us information in drips and drabs. For the most updated list of details for what we know so far, definitely take a look at this Disney anniversary celebration guide.
The celebration runs for 18 months, so it will impact more than just this fall. But there are also many exciting things to look forward to that wouldn’t normally happen.
There are special fireworks presented at Magic Kingdom AND Epcot’s new fireworks show, Harmonious debuts on October 1.
Also, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure opens up on October 1. This is the newest ride in all of Disney World.
There will be characters in special costumes throughout the parks, special light shows at each of the park icons, special treats, extra decorations, and so much more.
Disney World Fall Decorations
It just wouldn’t be fall in Disney World without decorations! Again, Magic Kingdom is the location with the biggest decoration mojo. Expect the lanterns on Main Street to be festooned with fall wreaths as only Disney World can do them.
This year, I would expect to see the full complement of Disney fall decorations at the parks. As usual, Magic Kingdom will be the location of the most thoroughly tricked out park.
Food Guide to Fall in Disney World
This is a sample of the food from 2020, just to give you an idea of the kinds of special holiday treats are typically on offer. I’ll add the 2021 treats once the information is released.
- Mickey Cinnamon Roll (Available at Main Street Bakery) – Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll drizzled with orange and white icing
- Cinnamon Donuts (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café) – Served in a Hitchhiking Ghost Novelty container
- Hades Nachos (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café) – Black bean nacho chips with “fiery” buffalo chicken, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeño
- Constance’s For Better or For Worse Wedding Cake (Available at Liberty Square Market) – Citrus cake with raspberry Bavarian cream, whipped cream flowers, and a chocolate axe
- Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Sundae (Available at Sleepy Hollow) –Pumpkin spice-flavored waffled topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and sprinkles
- Poor Unfortunate Souls Float (Available at Storybook Treats)– Cream cheese soft-serve, black raspberry syrup, and Coke
- Pumpkin Spice Milkshake (Available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies) – Topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, sprinkles, and a Mickey-shaped marshmallow straw
- Pumpkin Spice Soft-Serve Sundae (Available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies) – Served as a sundae topped with whipped cream, caramel, and sprinkles
- Mickey Monster Mash Burger (Available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café) – Burger with Meunster cheese, potato barrels, bacon, and sriracha aïoli
- Headless Horseman Rides Again (Available at Sunshine Tree Terrace) – Strawberry DOLE® Whip with Fanta Strawberry and a Headless Horseman Novelty Straw
- Not So Poison Apple Cupcake (Available at Pinocchio Village House) – A spiced apple cupcake with pecan crunch buttercream themed after a poison apple
- Orange and Black Sugar Churros (Available at Various Churro Carts and Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café)
- Oogie Boogie Dice Novelty Glow Cubes (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants)
- Jack Skellington Sipper (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants and Outdoor Vending Locations)
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Mickey Pumpkin Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Liberty Square Popcorn Cart)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Sipper (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants)
- Madame Leota Sipper (Available at Sleepy Hollow) – this one was a very hot commodity as soon as the fall treats became available
- Scar Cupcake (Available at Creature Comforts, Flame Tree Barbecue, and Restaurantosaurus) – Red velvet cupcake with toasted marshmallow filling, chocolate marshmallow frosting, chocolate pebbles, white chocolate flames, and an edible icing image
- Spooky Apple Punch Specialty Beverage (Non-Alcoholic) (Available at Flame Tree Barbecue and Isle of Java) – Sprite with Monin Apple Syrup poured over ice, garnished with a rock candy apple straw, a gummy worm, a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube, and a sugar lime rim
- Rotten Apple Punch Specialty Beverage (Alcoholic) (Available Flame Tree Barbecue) – Angry Orchard and Fireball Cinnamon Whisky over ice, garnished with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube, and gummy worms
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Available at Tamu Tamu, Trek Snacks, Restaurantosaurus, TriloBites, and Outdoor Vending Ice Cream Carts)
- Purple Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Trek Snacks)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at Trek Snacks)
- Poison Candied Apple (Available at Trolley Car Café) – Apple and caramel mousse covered in red glaze with a crunchy candy base
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cannoli (Available at PizzeRizzo) – Pumpkin cheesecake mixed with a hazelnut praline crunch in a cannoli shell
- Pumpkin Tiramisu (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café) –Layers of cream mascarpone and spiced pumpkin cake
- Box of Bones Chocolate Éclair (Available at Backlot Express)– Chocolate éclair with dark chocolate mousse and white chocolate bones
- Frozen Apple Cider (Non-Alcoholic) (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, and PizzeRizzo) – Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
- Frozen Apple Cider with Crown Royal Regal Apple (Alcoholic) (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, and PizzeRizzo) – Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
- Orange Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Anahiem Produce, Hollywood Popcorn, and Animation Popcorn)
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, PizzeRizzo, and Anaheim Produce)
- Halloween Cupcake (Available on Halloween Day Only at Sunshine Seasons) – Choice of vanilla or chocolate cupcake with buttercream and a Mickey Pumpkin garnish
- Nemo & Squirt’s Noggin Concoction (Available on Halloween Day Only at Coral Reef Restaurant) – Chocolate brownie stuffed with a chocolate chip cookie topped with white chocolate-covered pretzels and a Mickey Pumpkin Garnish
- Halloween Sugar Cookie (Available on Halloween Day Only at Traveler’s Café and Garden Grill) – Sugar cookie topped with Halloween Sprinkles
- Liquid Nitro Cake Pop (Available on Halloween Day Only at Desserts & Champagne Marketplace in World Showplace for EPCOT Taste of International Food & Wine Festival) – Liquid nitro chocolate cake pop with Halloween sprinkles
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available Canada Popcorn Cart and Fife & Drum)
- Green Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Eats at EPCOT Experience and Mission Space Popcorn Cart)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at all EPCOT Popcorn Locations)
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Available at Sunshine Seasons and Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue)
For all the pictures provided by Disney head on over to the Foodie Guide at Disney Parks Blog.
Disney World Fall Merchandise
The following info is still from 2020, will be updated as soon as we have more information from Disney.
Of course, it’s wouldn’t be fall and Halloween without special merchandise! You can already find the merchandise shown here, plus much more, in the stores in the parks.
As has been the trend for the past few years, spirit jerseys are a huge draw. You can find styles for both children and adults with fabulous Halloween themes.
And let’s not forget about those ears! Two of the new ear styles are shown here with the new Loungefly bag design. While most of the Halloween merchandise is currently only available in the parks, some of it can be found on shopDisney.
I would expect more of it to be available at shopDisney as the season continues.
Here’s the merchandise I was able to find on shopDisney so far:
- Minnie Mouse Halloween Witch Sequin Ears Headband
- Nightmare Before Christmas Minnie Mouse Ear Headband
- Maleficent Dress for Women
Check out the Halloween Shop on shopDisney for more special Halloween merchandise.
Disney World Fall Discounts
The discounts for the early fall are already released. However, because of the crowds expected from October 1 on because of the 50th anniversary, discounts will be thin to the ground for the rest of the fall.
Resort Room Discount
Save up to 25% on your resort room for stays from July 11, 2021 through September 29, 2021. The exact amount of the discount varies depending on which resort category you choose.
The higher discount is on the more expensive resorts, the deluxe resorts and villas. The value and moderate resort discount ranges from 10% up to 20%.
However, you need to pay close attention to which resorts are eligible, because not all of them are. And also, note the end date. This discount is only good through September 29.
Sharing is caring my friend!
What do you think about this year’s lineup? Would you still consider going even without the Halloween Party? Let me know in the comments below.